a little more information than you need to know

2 parallel journals, updated every day
thumbnail
daily bread
thumbnail
the other side

fast forward 30 years

daily self portraits and (not so) random thoughts

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

9.9.08 - 9/365

lying down
today's post brings up an interesting question for me;
through out the years
i have engaged in a lot of projects defined by the concept of "daily practice"

for me
a day
is the time from when i wake up
until the time i go to bed
which means my day
usually ends
at some point
between midnight and 4 AM

but given the parameters of the 365day project
in these days of exif data
i believe a "day"
is defined as the period of time between 2 consecutive midnights

so
while i took a bunch of other self portraits today
at various times
i am going with this one
shot,
(imho)
yesterday
but taken at 1:46 am, today

(while i like playing within boundaries
something tells me my body clock is going to win out on this one
and i am going to be stretching this rule quite a bit in the future)


sidebar
:
remember
(rhetorical question)
when i said
"i couldn't recognize myself at all"?
well here's another
and now i know why...
i am lying down
(duh)
and being freed from the pull of gravity
does wonders
for all the shadows, strain and other signs of age
but i am not used to seeing myself that way
(since i don't have a mirror on my ceiling)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so much tenderness in these little eyes
:)*
boundary pusher, yeah!