a little more information than you need to know

2 parallel journals, updated every day
thumbnail
daily bread
thumbnail
the other side

fast forward 30 years

daily self portraits and (not so) random thoughts

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

9.30.08 - 30/365

bless its little pointed head

bless its little pointed head


in reality
it is hard to construe this as a self portrait
i mean
it's a portrait of the jacket
but of me???

they do say however that
"clothes make the (wo)man""
so in some sense
i guess it is

when it comes to clothes
i am attracted to either the ridiculous or the sublime
this,
for me,
is both

and while kooky actually figures rather largely into my wardrobe

hen head

i kind of wish it figured more into my work...
but i seem to take everything
so
so
seriously

4 comments:

SeLFs said...

WhaT a FanTasTiC PieCe(s) oF MaTeRiaL(s)..
PerforMaNCe aRt weaR...BeautiFuL YoUuuuu
R...
aNd iF i didn'T knoW yoU sO weLL(froM these bLogs-fotoLa etC.) i wouLdn'T knoW thaT thaT "BaG"[chicKeN]
waS iN yoUR BiKe's BasKeT!!! You aRe reaLLy UniQuE..
AND i LOvE thaT & U 2 foR BeinG/ heRe

Bruce Grant said...

Hmmmm...silliness in art.

The Pop movement in the early 60s thought Abex painters were a bunch of mopes whose moral seriousness had degenerated into mere gloom. Their reaction was tonic -- art as fun, was an attractive concept...and concept as art was even more fun -- at least for a while.

What I lament in so much art today is that it is neither serious nor fun. My own inclination, as you know, is toward seriousness...though I try to take the edge off it by indulging my weakness for sentimentality. :D

I hadn't thought of it before this post, but I could see you mixing it up from time to time as a kind of quirky Holly Golightly with a camera (or a brush).

But fundamentally, my vote is for the kind of seriousness -- or maybe more accurately, honesty and idealism -- that runs so deeply through your work.

Experiencing that in your work day after day means more to me than I can say...but you know that.

:*

Anonymous said...

bless(ed) you
my wee dwarf fairy thing

to learn as well how not to
take life so seriously...
the silly thing exercise

:DD

hey, thanks for showing up @ ci_da_de!
some one can count on
all the ways
:*

jkirlin said...

That pointed headed thing is the coolest thing I have ever seen.