a little more information than you need to know

2 parallel journals, updated every day
thumbnail
daily bread
thumbnail
the other side

fast forward 30 years

daily self portraits and (not so) random thoughts

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

9.3.08 - 3/365


so
it's very hard for me to separate
self portrait
from
journal

i guess i don't find an image of myself
that compelling
without some degree of introspection

i guess i don't find most things
that compelling
unless they involve
some introspection
or
perhaps
deconstruction

so...
as an image of me
this is what i think of myself as looking like
but i probably haven't really looked like this for 2 years
except for the stomach
that is now
it wasn't then

i took other pictures today
2 of which i thought of posting here,
together,
as a diptych

except that i couldn't recognize myself at all

No comments: