a little more information than you need to know

2 parallel journals, updated every day
thumbnail
daily bread
thumbnail
the other side

fast forward 30 years

daily self portraits and (not so) random thoughts

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

6.30.09 - 303/365

in the studioi read something the other day
which was a real confirmation for me

part of my desire for isolation
comes from needing to shield myself from being labeled as "other"
from being told i look at things from the dark side
when i feel i am just being realistic,
from hearing that i just see the glass as half empty
when i believe i can find a silver lining more consistently than most
from the reaction to my self portraits as being depressing
when they are simply me

it is just as important for me
to be able to believe in the structures that i have put in place
to support my work
as it is for me to not listen to doubters,
so coming across something
that wholly supports my idea of process
is of great value.

1 comment:

f_l said...

of great value to me as well
i feel just the same

:*