a little more information than you need to know

2 parallel journals, updated every day
thumbnail
daily bread
thumbnail
the other side

fast forward 30 years

daily self portraits and (not so) random thoughts

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2.3.09 - 156/365

in the studioWho are you? What are you? What makes you you? What is yours? To what do you belong?...

i say it's all about the paint
that if it isn't my highest priority
i shouldn't be doing it,
that it defines me,
that without it. "i" cease to exist
that this could possibly not be true
has caused me a great deal of distress lately

(for fgr & i am, iam)

had a hard time choosing an image again
i seem to get torn between what i like as an image
or what i want my images to "say"
and
what works best with my concept of self portrait
or creates more of a flow for the series as a whole...
this was the other choice for today:

in the studio
and this one...
well, i don't normally do cut outs
i think they are a bit hokey
but sh*t happens

in the studio

2 comments:

SeLFs said...

i love you
I LoVe YoU
iLOVE YOUuuu
i'Ve saiD iT befoRe
--ithinK-^-
{theRe4iAM}}}
NO! i knoW=yoU aRe mY HeRoiN(e)
PeRfecT iN EverYwaY
EverYDaY...
i geT mY 'fiX' heRe
EverY morninG=1sT thinG~
i caN'T waiT tO geT mY inspiraTioN
``VicariousLy i aM LiVinG~
YoU maKe ArT ReaL 2,4 mE
aNd iT seeMs sO SimpLe aNd PuRe
`MentaL aNd PhysicaL`
pRoceSS AnD ProDucT
ThaT's aLL foLKs
aGaiN
(L)
(L)(L)
(L)(L)(L)

Anonymous said...

difficult questions
i would not know what to answer right now but you give me good hints

the biggest issue is that i cannot give continuity to whichever my projects would be
even if they are just as simple as restarting etching or watercoloring
anyway
i surrender
i am about to resign


you are such a reference to me
:***